Join Our Team
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Type: .8 to full-time; benefits eligible
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Supervises: Volunteers as needed
Gilda’s Club Twin Cities (GCTC) is a place where people currently impacted by cancer gather, connect, and learn. GCTC provides social and emotional support through its free five-part program.
An independent and locally-funded affiliate of the worldwide Cancer Support Community. GCTC provides support, education, healthy lifestyle, social opportunities and information & referral to all who are currently impacted by cancer – men, and women, young adults, teens and kids –those with cancer and those who care for (and about) them. All of GCTC’s programs are provided free of charge in our Minnetonka clubhouse.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the quality, accuracy, and health of GCTC’s fundraising and program database systems. The Coordinator will assist program, development, and volunteer functions of the organization by providing ongoing management of data information systems and data analysis. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate profiles for individual donors, members/program participants, and volunteers.
- Create and maintain donor records
- Process web-based, check, credit card, cash and in-kind donations
- Create and send acknowledgement letters to individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Create various reports such as donations report, special event reports, lapsed pledge report and others as needed
- Create and send pledge reminders
- Create donor recognition lists for Annual Report and Giving Societies
- Prepare deposits of donations
- Create and maintain member records
- Manage, maintain and update program activity and constituent information
- Create Key Statistics Snapshot, Monthly Dashboard report and coordinate data for input into quarterly ADAPT report
- Administer program management system (MindBody online)
- Create and maintain volunteer records
- Manage volunteer reporting and queries in coordination with the Volunteer and Communications Coordinator
Information Management and Support:
- Assist with process audits, process design and tracking
- Support the design and implementation of the customized database with outside tech providers
- Create and update database manual for internal use
- Provide database training & support for staff and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. general administrative support, answering phones)
Required Education / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 2 years of database power user experience, ideally in a nonprofit organization. Specific experience using Virtuous, SalesForce or Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing complex queries for reports and data analysis
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite required, with specific Excel expertise preferred
- Ability to work with programs like Power BI or Tableau a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy with ability to carefully proof and edit materials while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of philanthropic giving guidelines and non-profit fund accounting procedures a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
Must be able to successfully complete a consumer credit /criminal background check as well as any other suggested testing relevant to this position.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilda’s Club Twin Cities is an equal opportunity and at-will employer.