“The failure to address the very real psychosocial health needs of patients and their caregivers is a failure to treat that patient’s cancer, plain and simple.”
—Institute of Medicine Report, 2007
The Gilda’s Club program is grounded in a one-of-a-kind model of social and emotional support, professionally facilitated and designed by and for those who know first-hand what living with cancer requires. Our program honors all viewpoints and encourages members to create a customized plan based on their personal needs and wants.
Learn about our current program offerings.
Our nationally acclaimed, comprehensive, evidence-based program rests on five cornerstones:
- Personalized screening and care planning: Customized Member Plan®
- Group support for people living with cancer
- Group support for family and friends
- Special program offerings for children and teens
- Lectures and interactive sessions on issues specific to cancers
- Skills and tools classes lead by oncology and mental health professionals
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer workshops and Internet radio program offered by the Cancer Support Community
- Online resources of the Cancer Support Community and The Living Room online support community
- Mind-body programs
- Exercise and yoga
- Expressive arts
- Nutrition programs
- Laugh fests and movie nights
- Special events for families and young children
Information and Referrals
- Resource library for support and management skills
- Links to other community services
Listen and Learn
Frankly Speaking About Cancer is the first Internet Talk Radio show on the Voice America™ Network’s Health & Wellness Channel to focus specifically on how to live a better life with cancer. Hosted by the Cancer Support Community President and CEO Kim Thiboldeaux, the show features physicians, researchers, celebrities, patients, survivors and caregivers and offers news on cancer developments and tools that anyone affected by the disease can use to live well. Click here to listen to the show every Tuesday at 2:00 pm CST on the VoiceAmerica™ network at www.voiceamerica.com.