Living with cancer is not a choice… How you live with it is.
August 29, 2018
Trisha, a mom and a wife, is the first in this series to share her story about living with cancer at age four and now again at 43. She describes how this has affected her, her family, and how Gilda’s Club has been there to support them.
You can help!
Just click here and make a donation.
When you make a charitable donation by December 31, 2018 your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000, thanks to a generous matching gift from The Wasie Foundation!
What your gift can do
Thanks to generous financial support from people like you, Gilda’s Club Twin Cities now offers more than 125 program activities each month as an essential complement to comprehensive medical care – all free of charge.
- $1,000 pays for support groups for people living with cancer, their caregivers and those living with loss.
- $500 provides education on topics like new cancer treatments or finding meaning and purpose after a diagnosis.
- $250 buys healthy food for a community dinner that brings members and their families together to connect and have fun.
- $100 allows a new member to meet with a Gilda’s Club mental health professional to create a “Customized Member Plan.”
- $50 gives the gift of a class in yoga, exercise, meditation or even improv. (Gilda would have loved that.)
- A gift of any size helps ensure no one faces cancer alone.
Who your gift supports
Gilda’s Club Twin Cities’ members are men, women, young adults, teens and children impacted by over 50 types of cancer. Their cancer circumstances include people living with a cancer diagnosis, in post-treatment or long-term survivorship, caregiver family members and friends and those living with the loss of a loved one.
Since we opened our warm and welcoming clubhouse in 2014, we have provided more than 30,000 service visits through our Support Groups, Healthy Lifestyle program, Education Classes and Workshops, Social Get-Togethers and directed people in need of information and referrals to other assistance organizations.
We are proud to share that 97% of our members would recommend Gilda’s Club to a friend or colleague.
Do you have your own story about living with cancer? Share it with us, we’d love to keep in touch.
Click and write to us in the comment box.
Next month look for Matthew and Sharon’s Story…