Families Impacted by Childhood Cancer
Having a child with cancer can be overwhelming, and living with cancer as a child, teen or young adult comes with its own complexities. As a parent, you understand first-hand the challenges of juggling work, parenting, household responsibilities…and supporting your child with cancer. That’s why Gilda’s Club offers support for the whole family, the whole time ™.
Gilda’s Club provides opportunities for parents and siblings impacted by childhood cancer to come together for support and meaningful connections. Our program also provides tweens, teens and young adults living with cancer opportunities to connect through fun social and supportive activities.
To learn more about getting your family involved in our Children, Teen and Family program:
- Parents should first attend a New Member Meeting to learn more
- Following the New Member Meeting, we will schedule a Family Focus session
If you have additional questions or need resources or referral, you may contact our Youth and Family Coordinator Annie Stone at (952.767.7625).
Program offerings for families impacted by childhood cancer may include activities like the following:
- Teen and Young Adult Social Nights – Offered in partnership with our local pediatric children’s hospitals, these evenings include a social hour followed by a group activity such as art, yoga or cooking classes. Bring a teen friend or sibling along!
- Creative Expression Workshops – These classes for teens offer a wide variety of ways to find and express your voice. Professionals teach skills in creative arts such as writing, dance, music, art, filmmaking and storytelling.
- Support Groups (Participation requires completion of a Family Focus meeting or a Customized Membership Plan.)
- Parenting a Child with Cancer Support
- Tweens & Teens Living with Cancer
- Young Adults Living with Cancer
- Sibling Art Connect – This group meets once a month to allow siblings impacted by cancer a chance to connect with each other and explore their creative side.
- Noogieland™ – Supervised and structured play for children (3-11) during evening adult support groups, in our awesome kid’s space.
- Teen Service Club – For any teens interested in giving back and supporting Gilda’s Club Twin Cities. Activities may include service projects, volunteering or participating in community outreach. Who knows? You might be able to use it for school credit!
Current program offerings:
Just getting started? Attend a New Member Meeting first!
Our membership is free and open to anyone currently impacted by cancer. The first step to becoming a member is to attend one of our weekly New Member Meetings.JOIN THE CLUB