COVID-19 and Gilda's Club.
The Cancer Support Community, our national organization, is monitoring the situation and following the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local governments. We at Gilda’s Club Twin Cities are closely monitoring the Minnesota Department of Health guidelines and recommendations.
We are asking our members to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses in the following ways:
Please practice respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene at home and in the
- Clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol, or wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Put your used tissue in a waste basket.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
If you are sick, please stay home.
- Those who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- Employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to work or become sick during the day will be separated from other employees and be sent home immediately.
For more info on what cancer patients, survivors and caregivers need to know about COVID-19 visit the Cancer Support Community.